Mirataz™ is indicated for the management of weight loss in cats. Mirataz™ (mirtazapine transdermal ointment) is a white to off-white ointment containing 2% (w/w) of mirtazapine suitable for transdermal (topical) administration.
Mirataz™ is contraindicated in cats with a known hypersensitivity to mirtazapine or to any of the excipients.
- Mirataz is the first and only FDA-approved transdermal medication for the management of weight loss in cats
- In clinical studies, Mirataz resulted in significant weight gain in cats in as little as 14 days following topical application of 2 mg oer day8
- Mirataz gives your clients a practical way to manage their cat's weight loss without administration of oral medication and does not rely on the cat to eat to be medicated
- Due to proprietary Accusorb™ technology, Mirataz achieves measurable plasma concentrations of mirtazapine in cats9
- Mirataz was well tolerated both locally and systemically in clinical studies8