Pilocarpine (Manufacturer may vary)
Pilocarpine is a prescription medication used to treat glaucoma and other, similar conditions of the eye. It works to reduce pressure by increasing the amount of fluid that is drained, helping to relieve uncomfortable symptoms. This safe and effective formula is a topical medication that's administered directly. Veterinarians may use this in the treatment of companion animals.
- Prescribed to treat primary glaucoma
- Treats keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS) or "dry eye"
- For dogs only
- Dropper top bottle for convenient application
How It Works
Pilocarpine reduces pressure in the eye by increasing the amount of fluid that can drain from the eye.
Pilocarpine hydrochloride ophthalmic solution is a muscarinic cholinergic agonist indicated for
- The reduction of elevated intraocular pressure (IOP) in patients with open-angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension
- The management of acute angle-closure glaucoma
- The prevention of postoperative elevated IOP associated with laser surgery
- The induction of miosis