Otomax is indicated for the treatment of canine acute and chronic otitis externa associated with yeast (Malassezia pachydermatis) and/or bacteria susceptible to gentamicin. Otomax contains gentamicin sulfate, betamethasone valerate and clotrimazole in a mineral oil-based system containing a plasticized hydrocarbon gel.
- Treats both acute and chronic ear infections
- Easy to administer has the consistency of a solution with the prolonged contact time of an ointment
How it works
By virtue of its three active ingredients Gentamicin, Betamethasone, and Clotrimazole, Otomax ointment provides antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antifungal activity to combat infections of the outer ear accompanied by inflammation.
Otomax Otic Ointment is indicated for the treatment of canine acute and chronic otitis externa associated with yeast (Malassezia pachydermatis) and/or bacteria susceptible to gentamicin.
- Gentamicin is an antibiotic with broad spectrum activity.
- Betamethasone is a highly effective and safe corticosteroid that reduces inflammation.
- Clotrimazole is an antifungal proven effective for the most common ear yeast isolate- Malassezia pachydermatis.