Flovent HFA is used to treat asthma and helps to prevent symptoms of asthma. Flovent HFA contains a medicine called fluticasone propionate, which is a synthetic corticosteriod. Corticosteroids are nautral substances found in the body to help fight inflammation. Flovent helps reduce airway inflammation, an underlying cause of asthma symptoms.
- Treats chronic bronchitis in dogs and cats and chronic feline asthma and sinusitis
- Flovent has no demonstrated side effects
- Most effective when used with the AeroKat or AeroDawg Aerosol Chambers
Flovent HFA (fluticasone) is an inhaled aerosol steroid that is proven effective in humans, as well as cats and dogs suffering from chronic asthma or bronchitis. Your veterinarian can choose from three different strengths of Flovent for your pet. A built-in dose counter on the canister makes it easy to track the number of doses left. Using special feline and canine aerosol masks (sold separately) helps ensure that your pet receives the full dose of Flovent.
How It Works
Flovent helps reduce swelling and irritation in the airways of the lung so your dog or cat can breathe easier. The active ingredient in Flovent HFA (Fluticasone) is a corticosteroid that’s proven to reduce inflammation, a major cause of constricted, difficult breathing.
- Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in patients
- Teatment of asthma in patients requiring oral corticosteroid therapy.
- Not indicated for the relief of acute bronchospasm