BenzaPen 48 (Penicillin G Benzathine and Penicillin G Procaine) Injectable
BenzaPen 48 (penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine) Injectable Suspension is indicated for the treatment of the following bacterial infections in beef cattle due to penicillin- susceptible microorganisms that are susceptible to the serum levels common to this particular dosage form, such as:
- Bacterial Pneumonia (shipping fever complex) (Streptococcus spp., Actinomyces pyogenes, Staphylococcus aureus).
- Upper Respiratory Infections such as rhinitis or pharyngitis (Actinomyces pyogenes).
- Blackleg (Clostridium chauvoei).
- Fast acting - Noticeable improvement within 4 to 48 hours
- Long lasting - Extended period of activity
- SQ administration - As recommended by Beef Quality Assurance
- Safe - Approved by FDA
How It Works
Penicillin G is an antibiotic which shows a marked bactericidal effect against certain organisms during their growth phase. It is relatively specific in its action against gram-positive bacteria, but is usually ineffective against gram-negative bacteria.