Betadine Ophthalmic 5% Solution (30 ml)
FREE SHIPPING Over $49! * Pet Food & Other Exclusions
BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution for the eye is indicated for prepping of the periocular region (lids, brown, and cheek) and irrigation of the ocular surface (cornea, conjunctiva, and palpebral fornices).
Active Ingredient: Providone-iodine 5% (0.5% available iodine)
Inactive Ingredients: purified water, citric acid, dibasic sodium phosphate, glycerin, nonoxynol-9, sodium chloride, sodium hydroxide.
View BETADINE Drug Facts Sheet.
While the inner surface and contents of the immediate containet (i.e., bottle) are sterile, the outer surface of the bottle is not sterile. The use of the bottle in a sterile field should be avoided.
BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution is used as follows:
- Make sure container is intact before use. To open, COMPLETELY TWIST OFF TAB, do not pull off.
- Gently pour entire contents of bottle into a sterile prep cup. Saturate sterile cotton-tipped applicator to prep lashes and lid margins using one or more applicators per lid; repeat once.
- Saturate sterile prep sponge or other suitable material to prep lids, brow and cheek in a circular ever-expanding fashion until the entire field is covered; repeat prep three times.
- While separating the lids, irrigate the cornea, conjunctiva and palpebral fornices with BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution using a sterile bulb syringe.
- After the BETADINE* 5% Sterile Ophthalmic Prep Solution has been left in contact for two minutes, sterile saline solution in a bulb syringe should be used to flus the residual prep solution from the cornea, conjunctiva, and the palpebral fornices.
CONTRAINDICATIONS: Do not use on individuals known to be sensitive to iodine, or other components of this product.
WARNINGS: For External use only. Not for Intraocular Injection or Irrigation.