Merck Safe-Guard Multi-Species Medicated Dewormer, 5lb
FREE SHIPPING Over $79! * Pet Food & Other Exclusions
Vetmedin is in limited supply. Orders placed will be shipped as product continues to come off backorder.
Safe-Guard Multi-Species Medicated Dewormer is for use in beef and dairy cattle, equine, swine, growing turkeys, and zoo and wildlife animals.
- Cattle (Beef and Dairy) - For the removal and control of lungworms, barberpole worms, brown stomach worms, small stomach worms, hookworms, intestinal worms, bankrupt worms and nodular worms. Feeding directions for 1,100 lbs body weight 1 lb Safe-Guard in a one day treatment. Retreatment may be needed after 4-6 weeks. 13 day slaughter withdrawal; no milk withdrawal.
- Equine - For the removal and control of large strongyles, small strongyles, pinworms and ascarids. Feeding directions for 1,100 lbs body weight For strongyles and pinworms - 1 lb Safe-Guard in a one day treatment; For ascarids - 2 lbs Safe-Guard in a one day treatment. Retreatment may be needed after 6-8 weeks.
- Swine (growing pigs, gilts, pregnant sows and boars) - For the removal and control of lungworms, gastrointestinal worms (adult and larvae), large roundworms, nodular worms, small stomach worms (adult and larvae), whipworms and kidney worms (adult and larvae). Feeding directions for 200 lbs body weight 1.92 oz Safe-Guard daily for 3 days. No slaughter withdrawal.
- Growing Turkeys - For the removal and control of gastrointestinal worms (roundworms, adult and larvae), cecal worms (adult and larvae), and blackhead. 14.5 grams per ton of feed, to be fed as sole ration for 6 days. No slaughter withdrawal.
Zoo and Wildlife Animals
- Bighorn Sheep - for lungworms; 10 mg per kg of body weight per day, times 3 days of treatment.
- Feral Swine - for kidney worms, roundworms and nodular worms; 3 mg per kg of body weight per day, times 3 days of treatment.
- Ruminants (subfamilies antilopinae, hippotraginae and caprinae) - for small stomach worms, thread-necked intestinal worms, barberpole worms and whipworms; 2.5 mg per kg of body weight per day, times 3 days of treatment.
Safe-Guard Multi-Species Medicated Dewormer is a registered trademark of Intervet Inc., d/b/a Merck Animal Health, a subsidiary of Merck & Co. Inc.
Fenbendazole 0.5% (2.27 g/lb)
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Roughage Products, Calcium Carbonate, Mineral Oil.
DAIRY AND BEEF CATTLE DOSAGE
5 mg fenbendazole per kg body weight in a one (1) day treatment (2.27 mg fenbendazole per pound of body weight).
|Examples of Feeding Rates for Safe-Guard® 0.5% (fenbendazole) Alfalfa-Based Pellets for Cattle
|Body Weight (lbs)
||Safe-Guard® 0.5% Pellets
Feed for one (1) day. No prior withdrawal of feed or water necessary. When feed containing Safe-Guard® has been fed for 1 day according to the above rates, a total intake of 2.27 mg fenbendazole per pound of body weight is assured.
Under conditions of continued exposure to parasites, retreatment may be needed after 4-6 weeks.
Cattle must not be slaughtered within 13 days following last treatment. For dairy cattle, there is no milk withdrawal period.
KEEP THIS AND ALL DRUGS OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN. NOT FOR USE IN HUMANS.