Gentocin Durafilm is an ophthalmic solution meant for the treatment of external eye infections and inflammation in dogs. It can also be used for the management of some cases of pigmentary keratitis (discoloration of the surface of the eye) and pannus (inflammation of the cornea causing opacification). Gentocin Durafilm is antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory.
Three powerful reasons to treat canine bacterial eye infections with Gentocin Durafilm
- Gentocin Sulfate A broad-spectrum antibiotic with highly effective results against gram-positive bacterial and gram-negative bacterial infections of the eye.
- Bethamethasone Acetate A rapid-acting anti-inflammatory corticosteroid that provides symptomatic relief from bacterial, allergic, or traumatic tissue responses.
- Durafilm An aqueous colloidal solution that coats the conjuctiva to maintain extended contact with the active, therapeutic ingredients
A proven performer that goes on like a drop... coats like an ointment
- Prolonged contact, efficacy, and safety
- Unique formulation with a history of success
- Supports treatment and compliance
- Treats eye infections
- Antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory
- Easy-to-apply dropper bottle
How It Works
Gentocin Durafilm contains gentamicin sulfate, which is a highly effective topical treatment in primary and secondary bacterial infections of the eye and surrounding tissues. It works by inhibiting the growth of gram-negative and gram-positive bacteria. Gentocin Durafilm also contains betamethasone acetate, which provides anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, and anti-rheumatic effects. It helps control excessive tissue reaction to infections, allergens, and trauma.
Gentocin Durafilm Ophthalmic Solution is indicated for the treatment of external eye infections and inflammation in dogs.
Clinical reports indicate it is useful for the management of some cases of pigmentary keratitis and pannus. Temporary remission of some of the pathological lesions of the aforementioned conditions have been noted following therapy with GENTOCIN DURAFILM Ophthalmic Solution.